THINGS TO DO// EASTER EDITION
This Easter half term, we’re all about encouraging you and your families to get out and have an eggcellent time! Turn off those tablets and switch off the TV, it’s time to embrace the exquisite springtime weather and explore.
Here in Norfolk, we are surrounded by an abundance of nature and endless activities to keep all of the family happy. Here are our Top picks for attractions to visit this Easter half term.
Where: 1 Appleyard, Holt, Norfolk, NR25 6AR
When: Monday 4th April - 10 am – 1 pm (for children aged 5-8 ) or 2 pm – 5 pm (for children 8 and Over)
We have teamed up with the chocolate pioneer of Norfolk Harrison chocolatiers to bring your children an afternoon full of chocolatey delights.
You will learn how to temper chocolate – understand why we temper the chocolate – then you will get to try the chocolate and understand the flavour of chocolate.
Then the fun begins…
You then get to make your Easter treats using your beautiful tempered chocolate. When you have made your chocolate treats it’s time to then package it all up and take it home to enjoy with your family and friends. We are really excited to see you and to see what you are all going to create.
Where: Holkham Hall, Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk, NR23 1AB.
When: Saturday 2nd - Tuesday 19th April
Hop around Holkham for a range of egg-citing activities to keep the kids entertained this holiday. Choose your destination(s) and find a range of egg-stra special family fun included in your ticket price.
There’s even more over Easter weekend too! Holkham’s Food, Drink & Gift Market is taking place in the Lady Elizabeth Wing. Don’t miss Charlie Cheesecake and his marvellous and magnificent magic show in the ‘Big Top’ in the Walled Garden Admission tickets must be purchased.
Holkham Hall – Open Monday, Thursday and Sunday 11am-4pm
- Join Paul Jackson in the Saloon for spring-inspired stories
- Get crafty in the Old Kitchen
- Listen carefully for the sounds of spring as you explore the Hall
- Foal, Fawn or Froglet? Put your knowledge of spring-time babies to the test
Holkham Stories – Open daily 10am-5pm
As well as enjoying Holkham’s usual exhibition, children can:
- Improve their flower power with the Flowers and Foliage quiz, focusing on spring-time blooms
- Look out for the Eggscapees by searching for and finding the escaped baby chicks!
Walled Garden – Open daily 10am-5pm
- Get stuck into cracking crafts in the Ed Shed, including adding to their mosaic mural masterpiece and creating a compostable plant pot to take home
- Practice those detective skills in their Clued Up Easter Hunt, where children can crack clues and win a chocolate treat!
- Identify what their busy gardeners have been planting in the Get Growing Trail
Around Holkham Park – Open daily 10am-5pm
- Snap Happy! Find our hidden hut for the perfect place to pose
- Follow the Nature Trail to discover more about the plants and animals at Holkham
- Let off steam in the Woodland Play Area, for children aged 5 years and upwards
- Hire bikes and explore the wider estate (from £10)
- Conquer wobbly crossings and swinging bridges on the Ropes Course (£21, pre-booking advised)
- Hop aboard the tractor trailer for The Grand Tour, a 45-minute trip around Holkham Park (£5.50, pre-booking advised)
Where: Wroxham Barns, Tunstead Road, Hoveton, NR12 8QU
When: Saturday 2nd - Tuesday 19th April
Wroxham Barns Easter EGG-Stravaganza is BACK for the first time since 2019! Join them for lots of Easter fun plus Norfolk's LARGEST live lambing event. Not only is there a Live Lambing event but also unlimited fun available with their rides at the Fun Park, including mini golf, jumping pillows and go karts, combined with access to the Junior Farm.
Where: Bure Valley Railway, Aylsham Station, Norwich Road, Aylsham, NR11 6BW
When: Saturday 2nd - Monday 18th April
Hop on board the Easter Eggspress over the Easter school holidays, for an “eggciting” day out for all the family plus a Free Easter Egg for every child on completion of Easter Trail.
Where: Pensthorpe Natural Park, Pensthorpe, Fakenham, Norfolk, NR21 0LN
When: Saturday 2nd – Tuesday 19th April
Calling all adventurers, explorers and detectives! Spring is well and truly underway and Pensthorpe’s wildlife wardens have heard that there are all sorts of eggs to be found around the park! Can you help them find and identify them all?
Get ready to embark on an egg-citing journey of discovery this Easter with their family-fun egg hunt with plenty of other activities to keep you busy! They also have a mini treasure hunt around their WildRootz outdoor play, free arts and crafts activities, Pensthorpe Explorer Tours and super tasty treats to munch on in their café.
Leave a comment